- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 large bananas, ripe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 2 medium egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp canola or walnut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9″x5″ loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork. Add oil and whole egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Batter will be fairly thick (I added a dash of buttermilk at this point because my batter was dry).
- In a medium sized bowl, with an electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the batter in three additions.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until top of loaf is firm to touch, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Flip out and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes. Slice loaf into 10 equally sized slices.