- 1 kg chicken, skinned and cut into 4 cm pieces
- 3Add chicken, salt and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until gravy is thick – about 20 minutes.
- 1Thickly slice chillies, shallots, garlic, ginger and lemon grass. Grind to a fine paste in electric blender/food processor with just enough water for blades to work. Stir in the ground turmeric.
- 6 fresh red chillies
- Thick coconut milk from 1 coconut
- 5 clvs garlic
- 2 cm piece ginger
- 1 level tsp ground turmeric
- 2 3 kaffir lime leaves, torn up
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- tablespoon lime juice
- 5Stir in lime juice,and taste. Adjust seasonings if necessary and take pan off the heat.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 10 shallots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- turmeric leaf, torn up
Course: antipasti,starter,snack,appetizer,antipasto,hor d'oeuvre